Friday, September 17, 2010

Tour of Britain - I beat Bradley Wiggins


Ok... so maybe I didn't beat Bradley Wiggins, really. But I was on my bike and he was on his bike and I was in front of him and I got to where I was going before he did.  So... I'm pretty sure that means I beat him.  Even though, the race hadn't technically started... and I finished about 400m after I started.

So... the story is that Stage 7 of the Tour of Britain left from Bury St. Edmunds this morning and the bike shop I work at was given the opportunity to be part of the community cyclists who led out the stage.  Basically, we hung out in front of the starting line and rode just ahead of the pros for about the first 400m of the neutral zone - before they actually started racing.

Very fun - cool to be inside the barriers instead of on the sidelines for once.  I pretended that all the spectators were there just to see me.  Made me feel pretty popular for a few minutes. 

We saw Bradley Wiggins and Geraint Thomas walking down the stairs from signing on, but we weren't really close enoug h to get a photo.  We did get to see all the riders ride by after we pulled off, which was pretty cool (although I didn't manage to get any pictures of these guys specifically). But I did manage to get these pictures of some of the peloton as they rode past!

Fun times had by all... plus, today was the day I managed to beat an entire pro peloton... including Bradley Wiggins!

No comments:

Post a Comment