Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Simply Roasted Tomato Rotini Pasta

Being a military wife, the hubby often isn't home for dinner. In that situation, I struggle to make real meals. For some reason, cooking for two people justifies vegetables, meat and real effort. When it's just me, it seems like it's just too much effort and sometimes I end up just giving up and eating Cheerios.

Tonight, though, I wanted to make something real, but not complicated. In addition, our garden has just exploded with tomatoes in the last week. So... using some inspiration from Simply Roasted Cherry Tomatoes at Greenlitebites.com, I decided to make Simply Roasted Tomato Rotini Pasta.

It turned out awesome! Really flavorful and totally great comfort food!

Ingredients:
  • Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
  • Olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper
  • Dried basil (I prefer fresh, but my basil plant seems to be dying on me)
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Whole Wheat Rotini Pasta (cooked according to package directions)
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a glass baking dish or bowl, add a bit of olive oil and the tomatoes.  Toss around to coat the tomatoes.
  3. Add everything else except the pasta to the bowl, according to your tastes.  Stir to coat.
  4. Pop in the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
  5. Stir the tomatoes to create a bit of a sauce and top the pasta with the tomato mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment