Monday, September 27, 2010

Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Vegetables

This was the first recipe I've actually come up with all by myself! I wanted to have a basic pot roast, but every recipe I looked at had cream of something soup in it, and it just didn't sound like what I was going for.  So I put this one together and gave it a shot.

It turned out great and made enough for the Hubby and me and then leftovers for both of us for lunch tomorrow.  There was enough liquid in the bottom that you could make a gravy if you were so inclined (I'm not a big fan, so I didn't bother).  These are admittedly not the most fabulous photos ever (I kind of forgot about taking pictures at the end until we were already eating), but it's a simple, way easy meal that makes you feel like you accomplished something!
 
Serves 4
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 to 2 lb chuck roast
  • 1/2 lb potatoes (I used small white potatoes), quartered or cubed
  • 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 2 small onions, cut into wedges
  • 3/4 cup of red wine
  • 1 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 T fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 cube of beef bouillon
1. Put the carrots, potatoes and onions in the bottom of  the slow cooker

2. Brown the meat in a skillet and place in the slow cooker on top of the veggies.

3. Combine the red wine, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano and beef bouillon and pour over the roast and veggies.
4.  Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment